"The Network Path Was Not Found" error message when you use Delprof.exe to delete inactive profiles on a remote computer
When you use the User Profile Deletion Utility (Delprof.exe) to delete inactive profiles on a remote computer, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following error message:
The network path was not found.
This problem occurs because the Internet Connection Firewall is enabled on the remote computer where you want to delete inactive profiles.
To resolve this problem, run Delprof.exe on the computer where you want to delete the inactive profiles, or disable the Internet Connection Firewall on the remote computer.
To disable the Internet Connection Firewall on the remote computer, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Network Connections.
- Right-click the connection that you want to disable Internet Connection Firewall for, and then click Properties.
- On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
- Click OK.
After you have deleted the inactive profiles, re-enable Internet Connection Firewall.
For additional information about Delprof.exe, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
HOW TO: Delete User Profiles by Using the User Profile Deletion Utility (Delprof.exe) in Windows 2000
Article ID: 832578 - Last Review: 03/27/2007 01:38:08 - Revision: 1.4
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition