Service pack information
This problem was first corrected in Project Server 2003 Service Pack 1.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Project Server 2003. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
873458back to the topHotfix information
How to obtain the latest service pack for Project Server 2003
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in this article. Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Project 2003 service pack that contains this hotfix.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note
In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.back to the topPrerequisites
There are no prerequisites for installing this hotfix.back to the topRestart information
You may have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.back to the topHotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.back to the topRegistry information
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to activate any hotfixes that are contained in this package.back to the topMicrosoft SQL Stored Procedure update is required to install Project Server updates
To make sure that your Project Server has all the fixes that are contained in this update applied correctly, follow these steps:
back to the topHotfix file information
- Run the self-extracting package. This extract the files to a temporary directory that you select.
- For each SQL query file (such as the Websps.sql file) that is extracted to the temporary directory that you indicated in step 1, do one of the following:
- If you are using Microsoft SQL Server as the backend for your Project Server, follow these steps:
- Run Microsoft SQL Query Analyzer on the main SQL Server in your configuration.
- In the Database drop-down box, select the ProjectServer database.
- On the File menu, click Open, locate the SQL Query file (located in the temporary directory that is specified in step 1), and then open the file.
- On the Query menu, click Execute.
- When the query is finished running, quit Query Analyzer.
- If you are using SQL Server Desktop Engine (Also Known As MSDE 2000) as the backend for your Project Server, follow these steps:
- On the main SQL Server in your configuration, click Start, click Run, type osql -i tempdir\queryfile.sql -U sa in the Open box, and then click OK.
For example, if you extracted the files in step 1 to C:\Temp and the name of the query file was Websps.sql, you would type osql -i c:\temp\websps.sql -U sa. This connects you to the local, default instance of MSDE 2000 by using the System Administrator account. You may also run osql with another username that has System Administrator permissions on the server.
- At the Password prompt, type the password for the account that you used in step a, and then press ENTER.
- This SQL query file that you specified in step a will now run.
This hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------------- 12-Dec-2003 23:32 644,608 Projectserver2003-kb832898-fullfile.msp
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this fix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name ------------------------------------------------------- 04-Dec-2003 00:53 378 Hfps110.sql 05-Nov-2003 19:08 1,214,038 Websps.sqlNote
For more information about installing this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.back to the top