You cannot view a user's universal group membership in Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Users and Computers when universal groups do not reside in the local domain
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesNo prerequisites are required.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Windows Server 2003, 32-bit versions
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 28-Mar-2004 22:56 5.2.3790.145 759,808 Adprop.dll
Windows Server 2003, 64-bit versions
Date Time Version Size File name Platform -------------------------------------------------------------------- 28-Mar-2004 21:52 5.2.3790.145 1,729,024 Adprop.dll IA-64 28-Mar-2004 21:56 5.2.3790.145 759,808 Wadprop.dll x86
Installation instructionsWarning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Important You must configure the corresponding registry key before you apply this hotfix.
To apply this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, make sure that the following registry subkey exists:If this subkey does not exist, follow these steps to create it manually:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Directory UI
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft
- Click New, and then click Key.
- Type Windows to name the new subkey.
- Right-click Windows, click New, and then click Key.
- Type Directory UI to name the new subkey.
- Right-click Directory UI, click New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type AlwaysShowExternalGroups to name the new entry.
- Double-click AlwaysShowExternalGroups.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- After you have configured the registry subkeys and the registry entry, double-click the WindowsServer2003-KB833883-xxx-ENU.exe hotfix file, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Restart the computer.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 833883 - Last Review: 09/20/2007 14:33:06 - Revision: 3.4
- kbautohotfix kbhotfixserver kbbug kbfix kbqfe kbwinserv2003presp1fix KB833883