How to download and install the updateImportant
Before you install this update, make sure that the following requirements have been met:
- Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0
Before you install this update, you must install Windows Installer 2.0 or later. For additional information about this requirement, see the "Windows Installer Update Requirements" section of this article.
- You have Microsoft Access 2002 Run-time installed.
You can use either of the following two methods to update an existing Microsoft Access 2002 installation.Note
Microsoft recommends that you install the update by using the Office Product Updates Web site. The Office Product Updates Web site detects your particular installation of Microsoft Access and prompts you to install exactly what you must have to make sure that your Access installation is completely up-to-date.
Method 1: Use the Microsoft Office Product Updates Web site
To have the Office Product Updates Web site detect the required updates that you must install on your computer, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
After detection is complete, you receive a list of recommended updates for your approval. Click Start Installation
to complete the process.
Method 2: Distribute and automatically install the Office XP SP3 for Access 2002 Runtime
For more information about how to automatically include Office update files with your Access runtime applicatio, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Runtime packages of Access applications do not use Office update files
Method 3: Distribute and manually install the Office XP SP3 for Access 2002 Runtime
Follow these steps to download and install the client update:
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Select your language, and then click Download.
- Click Save to save the Office XP SP3 for Access 2002 Runtime installation file (for example, Art10Sp3-kb834693-fullfile-enu.exe) to the selected folder.
- Distribute the update to your selected computers.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the distributed Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) for Access 2002 Runtime installation file (for example, Art10Sp3-kb834693-fullfile-enu.exe).
- If you are prompted to install the update, click Yes.
- Click Yes to accept the License Agreement.
- Insert your Office XP CD-ROM if you are prompted to do so, and then click OK.
- When you receive a message that indicates the installation was successful, click OK.
How to determine whether the update is installed
The update contains an updated version of the following file:
File name Version -------------------------- Msaccess.exe 10.0.6501.0
To determine the version of Access 2002 that is installed on your computer, follow these steps. Note
Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Search.
- In the Search Results pane, click All files and folders under Search Companion.
- In the All or part of the file name box, type Msaccess.exe, and then click Search.
- In the list of files, right-click Msaccess.exe, and then click Properties.
- On the Version tab, determine the version of Microsoft Access 2002 that is installed on your computer.
For additional information about how to determine the version of Access 2002 on your computer, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to check the version of Office XP
Additionally, the following files are also installed when you install Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) for Access 2002 Runtime:
Accwiz.dll Msmdgd80.dll Acwizrc.dll Msmdun80.dll Bidi32.dll Mso.dll Fm20.dll Msointl.dll Fm20enu.dll Msolap80.dll Graph.exe Msolap80.rll Grintl32.dll Msolui80.dll Intldate.dll Msowc.dll Msacc.olb Ocp.dll Msaexp30.dll Ocpintl.dll Msain.dll Olapuir.rll Mscal.ocx Owc10.dll Mscdm.dll Owci10.dll Mscomctl.ocx Riched20.dll Msdmeng.dll Snapview.exe Msdmine.dll Snapview.ocx Msdmine.rll Soa.dll Msmdcb80.dll Ucs20.dll Vbe6.dllNote
If Office XP SP3 for Access 2002 Runtime is already installed on your computer, you receive the following error message when you try to install Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) for Access 2002 Runtime:
This update has already been applied or is included in an update that has already been applied.
Windows Installer Update Requirements
To install the update that is described in this article requires Windows Installer 2.0 or later. Both Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3) include Windows Installer 2.0 or later. To install the latest version of the Windows Installer, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites.
Windows Installer for Microsoft Windows 98, and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me):
Windows Installer for Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000:
List of issues that are fixed by the update
The Office XP SP3 for Access 2002 Runtime fixes the issue that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Issues that are fixed in Access 2002 by Office XP Service Pack 3