The Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center. With Report Manager, you can add, delete, and rename Microsoft Business Solutions CRM reports even if you do not have Crystal Reports 9 installed.
Download Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:Download the Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager package now.
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Follow the instructions on the download page.
To install this tool on your Microsoft CRM server, follow these steps:
- On your Microsoft CRM server computer, double-click the Setup.exe file that you downloaded.
- Click Next.
- On the Select Installation Address page, specify the name of the virtual root where you want to install Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager and the port that Microsoft CRM uses, and then click Next.
Note If you receive the following error message, click OK and continue with the installation:
The folder path "?" contains an invalid character.
- Click Next, and then click Close.
To install this tool, you must have Microsoft CRM version 1.2 installed. Make sure that no users are running Microsoft CRM reports while you install this tool.
You cannot remove this update.
You do not have to restart your computer after you install this update.
The English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name ----------------------------------------------------1-Mar-2004 14:23 381,440 RptPlusPackWebSetup.msi26-Feb-2004 14:08 117,528 Setup.exe6-Feb-2004 12:08 186 Setup.ini
This article describes how to install, start, and use Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager to add, delete, and rename reports. You can use this tool to add the sample parameter-driven reports available in article 834790
, “Writing Parameter-Driven Reports for Microsoft CRM Using Crystal Reports 9.”
How to use Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager
How to start Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager
To start Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager, use one of the following methods:
On the Start
menu of your Microsoft CRM server, point to Programs
, point to Microsoft CRM
, and then click Report Manager
- In the Internet Explorer address bar, type:
http://Your_Microsoft_CRM_Server/ReportManagerNote If you changed the virtual directory name while the Setup program was running, use the name that you specified rather than ReportManager.
- In the APS user name and APS password boxes, type the user name and password that you use to access Crystal Enterprise 9. In Microsoft CRM, the default user name is Administrator with no password.
- In the APS server box, type the name of your Microsoft CRM server.
- Click Log On.
- Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager displays all the reports that are currently installed on your Microsoft CRM server.
How to delete a report
To delete a report, follow these steps:
- Locate the report, and then select the box next to the report that you want to delete.
- On the Actions menu, click Delete.
How to add a report
To add a report, follow these steps:
- Locate the folder where you want to add the report, and then click Add Report.
Note You can only add reports that are on the Microsoft CRM server because Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager cannot add reports from a network share. To add a report that is located on a network share, you must first copy the report to your Microsoft CRM server.
- Type the path and the file name of the report in the Path and file name of the report box, and then click Add Report.
How to rename a report
To rename a report, follow these steps:
- Locate the report, and then select the box next to the report that you want to rename.
- On the Actions menu, click Rename.
- Specify the new name, and then click Rename Report.
When you use Microsoft CRM 1.2 Report Manager to rename a report, you change only the name of the report in the Reports
area of Microsoft CRM. Each report displays the report title in the Page Header
section of the report, and this title is not changed. You can modify the report title in the Page Header
section only if you have Crystal Reports 9 installed. To modify this title, open the report in Crystal Reports, click Summary Info
on the File
menu, and then type the new title in the Report Title