When you try to print a document in Microsoft Office Accounting Express, in Microsoft Office Accounting Professional, or in Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
Could not find file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Small Business\Small Business Accounting\Templates\TemplateFolder\TemplateName
In the path, TemplateName
is the name of the template that is missing. TemplateFolder
is one of the following folders:
- Customer Statement
The program cannot find the default Microsoft Word template for the kind of document that you are trying to print. This problem may occur because the template was moved to a different location or because the template was deleted.
When you select a Word template for one of the following kinds of documents in the Print
dialog box, that Word template becomes the default template every time that a document of that kind is printed:
- Sales order
- Customer credit memo
- Customer statement
- Purchase order
To resolve this problem, select a different template. To do this, follow these steps:
- Find the document that you want to print.
- To print an invoice, point to Customer Lists on the Customers menu, and then click Invoices. Double-click the invoice that you want to print.
- To print a sales order, point to Customer Lists on the Customers menu, and then click Sales Orders. Double-click the sales order that you want to print.
- To print a quote, point to Customer Lists on the Customers menu, and then click Quotes. Double-click the quote that you want to print.
- To print a customer credit memo, point to Customer Lists on the Customers menu, and then click Invoices. Double-click the credit memo that you want to print.
- To print customers' statements, point to Customer Lists on the Customers menu. Select the statement date range. Select the customers for whom you want to print statements, and then click OK.
- To print a purchase order, point to Vendor Lists on the Vendors menu, and then click Purchase Orders. Double-click the purchase order that you want to print.
- On the File menu, click Print.
- In the Name list, click the printer that you want to use.
- Under Print Options, click Word template.
- Click Templates, click an available template, and then click Select.
- Click OK to print the document.
The next time that you print this kind of document, the template that you selected in step 5 will be used. These changes will only be applied to the kind of document that you opened in step 1. For example, if you receive this error both when you try to print invoices and when you try to print purchase orders, you will have to follow these steps both for invoices and for purchase orders.
Article ID: 835313 - Last Review: January 16, 2015 - Revision: 7.0
- Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2008
- Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2007
- Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2008
- Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Small Business Management Edition 2006
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kberrmsg kbmbsmigrate kbprb KB835313|