When you try to download updates from the Windows Update Web site, the Web Page Dialog window opens after you accept the End User License Agreement (EULA). However, the download may not start, and the download progress bar may not move.
Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
To resolve this problem, you must reregister the following files:
After you reregister the files, you must then make sure that files with the JS file name extension are correctly associated with a program. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regsvr32 msscript.ocx, and then click OK.
- Repeat step 2 with the following commands:
- regsvr32 dispex.dll
- regsvr32 vbscript.dll
- regsvr32 scrrun.dll
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, click Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab.
- In the Registered File Types list, click the JS extension, click Advanced, and then click Edit.
- In the Application to perform action box, type the following command depending on your operating system.
- For Microsoft Windows XP, type:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*
- For Microsoft Windows 2000, type:
C:\Winnt\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*
- For Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, type:
ID Artikel: 836936 - Kajian Terakhir: 14 September 2010 - Revisi: 3.0
- Microsoft Windows Update
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition for Itanium-based Systems
|kbwindowsupdate kbprb KB836936|