Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools
The Windows XP Support Tools Help file is located in the Support.cab file. This Help file includes a description of each file and its associated syntax, sample output, and notes. See this Help for specific usage information for these tools. For additional help, type tool name/help at a command prompt, and then press ENTER.
For more information about how to download Windows XP SP2, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Ipseccmd.exeUse the Ipseccmd.exe tool to manage and monitor IPSec policies on computers that are running Windows XP. This tool has been updated to provide the following features:
- Support for policy import or export operations.
- Improved online help that you can access by using the /? option.
- The removal of the Active Directory directory service storage option.
- A persistent storage option.
- A Show option to generate Group Policy object information.
- The ability to dynamically turn on or turn off Oakley logging.
HTTPCfg.exeThe HTTP Configuration Utility (Httpcfg.exe) is included in the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Support Tools. This tool is now included with the Windows XP Support Tools. Use this tool to set, delete, and query configuration information such as Namespace Reservation information, SSL Server Certificate information, and IP Listen List information for the HTTP driver (HTTP.SYS).
Replmon.exeWith the Active Directory Replication Monitor tool (Replmon.exe), you can view Active Directory replication, synchronization, and topology. This file is updated to resolve a problem where Replmon.exe cannot display more than 200 replication partners. In this scenario, Replmon.exe logs an error that is similar to the following error:
### iadstools.logWarning Application c:\temp\iadstools.log: Thread ID: 2488 ,Logged: <date> <time> IADsTools Event: GetDirectPartnersEx: The API returned more partners than IAdsTools is designed for.Information Application c:\temp\iadstools.log: Thread ID: 2488 ,Logged: <date> <time? IADsTools Event: GetDirectPartnersEx: The function completed successfully, returning (0) entries for directory partition (DC=domain,DC=corp,DC=example,DC=com). ###
Iadstools.dllThe Iadstools.dll file is a helper DLL for the Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI). This file is updated to resolve a problem where the GetDirectPartnersEx function does not support more than 200 ConnectionObjects.
Extract.exeWith the Extract.exe tool, you can extract files from a CAB file. This file is updated to include bounds-checking to the option that you pass to the Extract command.
Bitsadmin.exeThe BITS Administration Utility is a command-line tool that controls the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) in Windows. This tool has been updated to provide the following functionality:
- The /TRANSFER option transfers a single file by using a single command.
- The /ADDFILESET option adds multiple files to a job by using a single command.
- The /ADDFILEWITHRANGES option adds a file where only certain sections of that file must be downloaded.
- The /REPLACEREMOTEPREFIX option changes the download location of a group of files.
- The /SETACLFALGS option and the /GETACLFLAGS option enable the copying of file Access Control List (ACL) entries.
- The /UTIL /SETIEPROXY option and the /UTIL /GETIEPROXY option set and retrieve the Internet Explorer proxy settings for the current user.
- The /UTIL /VERSION option retrieves version information for the currently installed version of BITS.
- The /UTIL /REPAIRSERVICE option repairs a corrupted BITS installation.
Netdom.exeYou can use the Netdom.exe command-line tool to join a computer to a domain or to manage a computer account.
- The /JOINDOMAIN option joins a computer to a domain.
- The /JOINWORKGROUP option joins a computer to a workgroup.
- The /RENAME option renames the computer on the domain.
- If you have an earlier version of Support Tools that is installed on your computer, and you install Windows XP SP2 Support Tools without removing the earlier version, the Iadstools.doc, Iadstools.dll, and Replmon.exe files are not installed to the Support Tools folder.
Note You will not be affected by this issue if one of the following conditions is true:
- You remove an earlier version of Support Tools on your computer before you install Windows XP SP2 Support Tools.
- You did not install a version of Support Tools on your computer before you installed Windows XP SP2 Support Tools.
To resolve this issue if you already installed Windows XP SP2 Support Tools, run the Setup program for Windows XP SP2 Support Tools again. On the Setup options page of the Windows Support Tools Setup Wizard, click Add/Remove, click Next, and then follow the remaining instructions that are displayed on the screen to reinstall the Windows XP SP2 Support Tools. The Iadstools.doc, Iadstools.dll, and Replmon.exe files are installed to the Support Tools folder.
Article ID: 838079 - Last Review: 08/12/2004 23:35:30 - Revision: 4.3
- kbdeployment kbfix kbinfo KB838079