Mac OS X users cannot open Macintosh shared folders on a Windows Server 2003-based server
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Users of Mac OS X-based Apple Macintosh computers cannot open Macintosh shared folders on your Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer that is running Services for Macintosh.
This problem may occur if the users have an early version of the Microsoft user authentication module (UAM) client for Macintosh installed.
To resolve this problem, upgrade your Mac OS X clients to the latest version of the Microsoft UAM.
The latest version of the Microsoft UAM also provides the following improvements to earlier versions of the Macintosh operating system:
- Support is provided for the Apple Keychain Manager in Mac OS 9.0.
- Password fields now behave like a standard text box.
- The Microsoft UAM now runs natively on both 68K and PPC computers.
Article ID: 838331 - Last Review: 01/11/2015 05:50:26 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB838331