"The memory could not be written" error message when you start Publisher 2002
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you start Microsoft Publisher 2002, you may receive the following error message:
The instruction at "0x77f536f7" referenced memory at "0x00000000." The memory could not be written.
When you are editing a previously saved file in Publisher 2002, you may receive the following error message:
The instruction at "0x77f2ca6" referenced memory at "0xfffffff8." The memory could not be read.
In both situations, Publisher 2002 will quit.Note
The memory address may vary.
This problem may be caused by your default printer name.
To resolve this problem, remove and reinstall your printer. To do this, follow these steps.Note
Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
- In the Printers and Faxes dialog box, right-click your default printer, and then click Delete.
- In the Printers dialog box, click Yes when you receive the following message:
Are you sure you want to delete the printer 'your printer'?
- In the Printers dialog box, click OK when you receive the following message:
Warning: The default printer has been deleted. The new default printer is 'your new printer'.
- In the Printers and Faxes dialog box, click the File menu, and then click Add Printer.
- Follow the directions in the Add Printer Wizard.
- After the Add Printer Wizard has completed, check your printer to make sure that it is the default printer.
Note The default printer will have a small check mark. If your printer is not the default printer, right-click your printer, and then click Set as default printer.
memory written read error
Article ID: 839121 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 00:10:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Publisher 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbopenfile kbstartprogram kberrmsg kbprb KB839121