How to install software updates and hotfixes for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article discusses how to obtain and install software updates and hotfixes for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 and for Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2.
Software updatesTo download software updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
HotfixesSupported hotfixes are available from Microsoft. A particular hotfix is intended only to correct a specific issue that is described in the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. Apply hotfixes only to computers that are experiencing the specific issue. Hotfixes may require additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by the issue that a hotfix is intended to correct, Microsoft recommends that you wait for the next version of Microsoft CRM.
You must contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) to obtain any hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft PSS phone numbers, and for information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft support professional determines that a specific hotfix will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific hotfix in question.
Microsoft scans all software update and hotfix files for viruses. Microsoft uses the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that these files were posted. These files are stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the files.
Installation informationYou can use the following command switches to install and uninstall software updates and hotfixes for Microsoft CRM Server, the Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook, and other Microsoft CRM components:
- /help: Display the list of installation switches.
- /quiet: Use Quiet mode (no user interaction or display).
- /passive: Use Unattended mode (progress bar only).
- /uninstall: Uninstall the package. (See specific instructions concerning the use of this command switch in the Knowledge Base article describing a specific update.)
- /norestart: Do not restart when the installation is complete.
- /forcerestart: Restart after installation. (See specific instructions concerning the use of this command switch in the Knowledge Base article describing a specific update.)
- /f: Force other programs to close when the computer shuts down.
- /l: List installed Windows hotfixes or update packages.
- /n: Do not back up files needed for uninstall.
- /o: Overwrite OEM files without prompting.
CRM1.2-[KBNumber]-Server-ENG.exe /passive /quietTo verify that the update is installed on your computer, confirm that the following registry key exists:
Removal informationMost Microsoft CRM software updates cannot be removed after they are installed. If a software update can be removed, the Microsoft Knowledge Base article that is associated with the software update will provide specific instructions.
Restart requirementWith most Microsoft CRM software updates and hotfixes, you do not have to restart your computer after you install them. If you must restart your computer, you will be prompted. The Knowledge Base article that describes the software update or the hotfix may also contain specific instructions.
For additional information about how to install software updates and hotfixes for Microsoft CRM 1.0, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
839938 How to install software updates and hotfixes for Microsoft CRM 1.0
Article ID: 839939 - Last Review: 01/11/2015 05:54:24 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft CRM 1.2
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmbsinstallation kbmbsmigrate kbinfo kbhowto KB839939