Data does not decompress when you use behaviors with compressed data in Internet Explorer 6
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name ------------------------------------------------------- 16-Apr-2004 01:58 6.0.2800.1421 485,888 Urlmon.dll 16-Apr-2004 01:59 6.0.2800.1421 589,824 Wininet.dll
Installation informationWarning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
After you install this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Quit Internet Explorer.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_TEMPORARYFILES_FOR_NOCACHE_840387
- Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type Iexplore.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click Iexplore.exe, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 00000001, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 840388 - Last Review: 01/17/2015 17:50:25 - Revision: 6.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbie600sp2fix kbie600presp2fix kbfix kbbug KB840388