"You are not authorized to view this page" error message when you try to connect to your Project Server 2003 server by using Project Professional 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to connect to your Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 server by using Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003, you may receive the following error message:
You are not authorized to view this page.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
This problem may occur when anonymous access authentication has not been turned on for the Pjdbcomm.dll file on your Project Server 2003 server.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps on your Project Server 2003 server:
- Start Microsoft Internet Information Services Manager (IIS).
To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand your server.
- Expand Web Sites.
- Expand your Web site.
- Expand ProjectServer.
- Click Isapi.
- In the Isapi folder, right-click Pjdbcomm.dll, and then click Properties.
- On the File Security tab, click Edit in the Authentication and access control area.
- In the Authentication Methods dialog box, click to select the Enable anonymous access check box, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Pjdbcomm.dll Properties dialog box.
- On the File menu in Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, click Exit.
Article ID: 840700 - Last Review: 12/08/2015 06:59:53 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Office Project Server 2003, Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbprb KB840700