Microsoft has released the Microsoft Office XP post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Office XP. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that are contained in the hotfix package
This article describes the Microsoft Office XP issue that is
fixed in the Office XP post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated May 12,
Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
The following issue is fixed in this hotfix package but was not
previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you visit the following Microsoft Web site from behind
a third-party proxy server, you may see generic icons instead of thumbnails in
the Clip Organizer in a Microsoft Office XP program:To view the Clip Organizer, follow these steps:
This issue may occur when the third-party proxy server
challenges users for their user name and password and the Remember my
password option is removed by a Microsoft Windows
- In an Office XP program, point to
Picture on the Insert menu, and then click
- On the Insert Clip Art task pane,
click Clip Organizer.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office XP
Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3
For more information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft
Windows Installer 2.0 or later.
For more information about the Windows
Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFFXP: Office XP updates and
patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix with Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, Microsoft has not tested this fix on Office XP SP2 to the same extent as on Office XP Service Pack 3. If you install this hotfix on a computer with Office XP SP2 installed, some file conflicts might occur. Microsoft supports this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is replaced by a later hotfix.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Office XP post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: June 4, 2004
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to use any
hotfixes that are contained in this package.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that you must have to
correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the
files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name
09-May-2004 09:40 10,039,296 Sharedff.msp (Full-File/Administrative)
09-May-2004 06:44 3,287,040 Sharedop.msp (Optimized)
Date Time Size File name
12-May-2004 02:34 5,960,192 Mstoreff.msp (Full-File/Administrative)
11-May-2004 23:33 2,871,808 Mstoreop.msp (Optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this fix has
the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name
07-May-2004 21:56 10.0.6714.0 9,796,288 Mso.dll
18-Oct-2003 01:28 10.0.6313.0 96,824 Mcps.dll
13-Oct-2003 22:03 10.0.6308.0 105,016 Mstore.exe
26-Apr-2004 19:27 10.0.6712.0 494,280 Mstores.dll
- To install the hotfix, you must install both MSP files. For
example, if you install the optimized version of the hotfix, you must install
both the Sharedop.msp file and the Mstoreop.msp file.
- For more information about installing this hotfix, see the
Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when
correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe
Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 840993 - Last Review: January 17, 2015 - Revision: 5.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbbug kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbofficexppostsp3fix KB840993|