You receive an error message when you try to use a drag-and -drop operation to perform a full installation of Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to use a drag-and-drop operation to perform a full installation of Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
The installation for Office 2004 cannot complete because disk is full...
You receive this error message although your hard disk appears to have sufficient free space to complete the installation.
This issue may occur if the Finder miscalculates the free space that is available on your hard disk because hard disk space is reserved for use by the super user account.
To work around this issue, increase the space that is available on your hard disk.
To check the available free hard disk space, including the super user requirements, follow these steps:
- Double-click the hard disk where Mac OS X is installed, and then double-click Applications.
- Double-click Utilities, and then double-click Terminal.
- At the command prompt, type df -h, and then press ENTER.
Article ID: 841419 - Last Review: 11/02/2013 18:12:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive dftsdahomeportal kberrmsg kbprb KB841419