A temporary folder is the default location to save the file when you use the Save As feature to save a PowerPoint 2004 for Mac presentation
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you use the Save As feature to save a Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac presentation, the default location to save the file may be a temporary folder.
If you save the file in the default location, the file is no longer stored on your hard disk after you restart your computer.
This issue may occur if you start Microsoft Entourage, and then open the PowerPoint 2004 for Mac presentation as an e-mail message attachment.
To work around this issue, change the file save location before you save the file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Entourage, and the open the e-mail message that contains the PowerPoint 2004 for Mac presentation.
- Double-click the PowerPoint 2004 for Mac presentation, and then click Open.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Where box, click a permanent location to save the file--for example, click Saved Attachments or click Documents.
- Click Save.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 841493 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 23:35:29 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Deluxe Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive dftsdahomeportal kbbug KB841493