"Microsoft PowerPoint has encountered a problem and needs to close" error message when you try to export an image from PowerPoint 2004 for Mac
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to export an image from Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
Microsoft PowerPoint has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
When you click More Information
, you receive an error signature that is similar to the following:
Error Signature:Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESSDate/Time: 2004-03-07 13:15:14 -0800Application Name: Microsoft PowerPointApplication Version: 11.0.0.040304Module Name: unknownModule Version: unknownModule Offset: unknownExtra app info: Reg=English Loc=0x0409
This problem may occur if all the following conditions are true:
- The image that you are trying to export is larger than 500x500 pixels.
- You edit the file before you try to export it--for example, you use the Free Rotate tool to change the orientation.
- You use the Save as Picture option to export the file.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Start PowerPoint 2004 for Mac.
- Open the slide that contains the image that you want to save.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Save As box, type a name for the file.
- In the Format box, click the format that you want to use to save the image, and then click Save.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 841494 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 23:35:47 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Deluxe Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive dftsdahomeportal kberrmsg kbprb KB841494