RIP Listener does not update the route table with new route information
If your Microsoft Windows XP-based computer is running Routing Information Protocol (RIP) Listener, RIP Listener may not update the route table with new route information.
This issue may occur if a firewall is preventing RIP Listener from receiving route information that is sent by routers that are using RIP version 1. When you install Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows Firewall is turned on. If your computer has Windows Firewall or another firewall turned on, incoming UDP port 520 may be blocked.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type wscui.cpl.
- Click OK.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- Click the General tab, and then click to clear the Don't allow exceptions check box.
- On the Exceptions tab, click Add Port.
- In the Port number box, type 520.
- Click UDP.
- In the Name box, type the following text:520 port opening for RIP Listener
- Click OK.
- Select the 520 port opening for RIP Listener check box, and then click OK two times.
For additional information about other problems with RIP Listener, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
811156 Route table on a Windows XP-based computer that is configured as a Remote Access Server is not updated with new route information
आलेख ID: 841804 - पिछली समीक्षा: 06/20/2014 09:13:00 - संशोधन: 6.0
- kbconfig kbadmin kbfirewall kbhowto kbprb kbinfo kbnetwork_techconfigissue KB841804