The Remove button is unavailable when you try to remove a public folder replica by using Exchange System Manager in Exchange 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to remove a public folder replica by using Exchange System Manager, you may not be able to remove the public folder replica because the Remove button is unavailable.
This problem may occur if the public folder that you want to remove has the same name as a public folder on another server and if the following conditions were true when the public folder was created:
- Two public folders that had the same name were created on different servers.
- The public folders were created before each of the public folders was replicated to the other server.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Exchange Server 2003 . For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service packs for Exchange Server 2003
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This problem was first corrected in Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 1.
Article ID: 842018 - Last Review: 01/10/2015 15:35:33 - Revision: 2.4
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexchange2003sp1fix kbqfe kbfix kbbug KB842018