You receive an "Errors were encountered during the import" error message when you use ADClean to merge accounts in Exchange Server 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you use the Active Directory Cleanup Wizard (ADClean.exe) to merge accounts in Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, you may receive the following error message:
Errors were encountered during the import. For details, view the log file at Drive_Letter :\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\ADClean.log
This problem may occur if you do both of the following when you use ADClean:
- On the Identify Merging Accounts page, you click to select the Import A List Of Merging Accounts check box.
- On the Review Merging Accounts page, you click Back, and then you click Next.
To work around this problem, click Next on the Review Merging Accounts page without clicking Back.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 842025 - Last Review: 01/11/2015 06:00:55 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbfix kbbug kberrmsg KB842025