Error 196734 'Automation Error - The specified module could not be found' Generating FRx Report
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft Business Solutions-Axapta 3.0 is now part of Microsoft Dynamics AX 3.0. All references to Microsoft Business Solutions-Axapta and Microsoft Axapta pertain to Microsoft Dynamics AX.
The catalog being generated is corrupted. Use either resolution 1 OR resolution 2.
Resolution 1 - Run compacting on the Current Spec Set Database.
Note - Verify that a backup of the FRx install exists prior to running the compacting.
1. Have all users, with the exception of yourself, exit FRx.
2. Go to File | Compact FRx Database | Current Spec Set Database.
3. Click OK on the message that appears to verify that you want to run the compacting.
Resolution 2 - Recreate the catalog that the error occurs on.
1. At the FRx control panel, click on Catalog of Reports.
2. Click New.
3. Give the catalog an ID and description.
4. On the Building Blocks tab select the appropriate Row Format, Column Layout, and Reporting Tree (if used).
5. Save the catalog.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 136280
Article ID: 848319 - Last Review: 01/07/2015 21:21:26 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions for Analytics–FRx 6.7 Desktop
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains 8.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains 7.5
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 6.5
- Microsoft Business Solutions–Solomon 6.0
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 3.0
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions–Navision 3.70
- FRx Financial Reporter 6.5
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbnavisionfrx kbsolomonfrx kbsmallbusinessfinancialsfrx kbgreatplainsfrx kbaxaptafrx kbmbsmigrate KB848319