How to create a Dexsql.log file to troubleshoot error messages in Microsoft Dynamics GP
To create a Dexsql.log file, follow these steps:
- Open the Dex.ini file. By default, this file is in the following location:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and later releases: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Data
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and later releases:
- Locate the following statements in the Dex.ini file:
- If the statements are currently set to FALSE, change the statements to TRUE, as follows:
SQLLogSQLStmt=TRUE SQLLogODBCMessages=TRUE SQLLogAllODBCMessages=TRUE
- Start Microsoft Dynamics GP. If Microsoft Dynamics GP is already started, exit Microsoft Dynamics GP, and then restart it.
- Re-create the scenario in which you received the error message. Stop before you receive the error message.
- In Windows Explorer, open the Microsoft Dynamics GP application folder that you opened in step 1. Locate the Dexsql.log file. Delete or rename this file.
If you do not see the Dexsql.log file, click View, and then click Refresh so that you can see the new file.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, complete the final steps to re-create the error message. You now have a new Dexsql.log file in the Microsoft Dynamics GP application folder.
- Open the Dex.ini file, and then reset the statements to FALSE or to the original settings.
Article ID: 850996 - Last Review: 12/14/2015 18:40:00 - Revision: 10.0
- kbexpertisebeginner kbhowto kbexpertiseinter kbmbsmigrate KB850996