Showing only two decimal places on checks
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Issue: Recently we increased the number of decimal places in the system from 2 to 4, which works fine for all reports, except for the checks that now print the full 4 decimals, we would like it to print only 2 decimal places. Is there a way to accomplish this through Report Writer?
You should be able to modify your check within Report Writer to print only 2 decimal places, by modifying you will be dropping the figures after the 2 decimal places.
**It will not round the figures for you. If you want to round the check total follow the steps in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
872275 Steps to round a calculated field in Report WriterSteps:
1. Launch Report Writer (Tools | Customize | Report Writer).
2. Select the check you would like to modify (in this case check with stub top and bottom) and open.
3. Choose the layout button.
4. On the Layout, you will have a number of fields that bring across currency figures, for the amounts on the check this will pull from the F2 section of the layout.
5. From the F2 select Check Total.
6. Double click on the field.
7. In the format area, click on the ellipsis (3 dots).
8. Then select DLR11_$S2.
9. Then in the Report Field Options window, in the format field with currency index selected, choose the none button (to the right of the box).
10) Close and save changes.
11) Give yourself access to the report (Setup | System | Security; type modified reports and series Purchasing).
**Note this should work for all the currency fields on the check with decimal places associated. You will need to make changes for each field, if you would like only 2 decimal places for a specific field.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 22338
Article ID: 852187 - Last Review: 12/28/2014 12:19:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmbsmigrate KB852187