Article ID: 856122
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
I am posting through General Ledger from other modules and only the first Distribution Account is being updated. I can post to General Ledger and print an edit list of the batch and it shows all the distributions. When I post the General Ledger batch the first line of the distribution updates General Ledger but the rest of the lines in the distribution disappear. When I create an entry in General Ledger, only the first line of the distribution updates General Ledger. It happens at all workstations and for all users. It does not happen in The World Online, Inc.
1. Ran full file maintenance on the Financial series
2. Renamed the GL00105.* tables and ran check links on the Account Master file
3. Renamed the GL10110.* tables and ran reconcile on all the open years in the Financial series.
4. Went through the batch held in posting steps, Techknowledge 7213 for LAN.
5. Posted all batches in General Ledger and renamed the GL10000.* tables and ran check links on the Transaction Work file.
6. Rebuilt the GL20000.idx file following Techknowledge 5280.
7. Verified my Windows 95 workstations are on the correct redirector version following Techknowledge 22201.
8. Cleared out my temp folders on my workstation and my server.
9. Created a new company and dumped the data into it.
10. Installed Dynamics on a different directory.
11. Did a brand new install on a stand alone workstation and dumped the data into it.
What else could I try? It was able to work fine when I did a new install offsite (stand alone) and dumped the data into the correct folders.
In this case, they renamed all the GL50*.* files. They are located in the Finance folder for the company. This resolved the issue.
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 25132