"System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key is denied" error message when you call the eConnect_EntryPoint method
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to call the eConnect_EntryPoint method, you receive the following error message:
"System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key is denied."
The error may occur even if the person who performs the operation is an Administrator on the system.
This problem occurs because the current user does not have the correct permissions for the following key in the Windows registry:
To resolve this problem, modify the permissions for this registry key according to the instructions in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 33648
Article ID: 861918 - Last Review: 11/02/2013 20:02:00 - Revision: 6.0
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains 8.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains 7.5
- Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics 7.0
- Microsoft Great Plains eEnterprise 7.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmbsmigrate KB861918