You receive the “Windows cannot find Program.exe..." error message when you try to open an e-mail attachment in Outlook Express 6.0
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to open an e-mail attachment in Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0, you receive an error message that is similar to the following:
Windows cannot find Program.exe. This program is needed for opening files of type "Earthlink Mail Message".
This behavior may occur if the Earthlink Mail Message file type is present on your computer.
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
- On your desktop, right-click My Computer, and then click Open.
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- Click the File Types tab.
- In the Registered file types list, click Earthlink Mail Message, and then click Delete.
- Click Yes, and then click Close.
Article ID: 870638 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 23:48:39 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB870638