Reporting Services may not be able to run reports against Oracle databases
- Locate the Oracle\Oracle version\bin directory, right-click the directory, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Add.
- Under Enter object names to select, type network service, and then click OK.
- In the Group or user names box, click NETWORK SERVICE.
- Under Permissions for Network Service, click to select the Read & Execute check box.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with the entries explicitly defined here box, and then click OK.
- Click OK.
- Locate the Oracle\Oracle version\network\admin directory, right-click the directory, and then click Properties.
- Repeat steps 2 through 8.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Locate the ReportServer service.
- Right-click the ReportServer service, and then click Restart.
Note To verify the configured account for the Reporting Services Web Service, you can open the RSReportServer.config file. You will find informaiton that is similar to the following:
Article ID: 870668 - Last Review: 11/22/2005 20:56:20 - Revision: 4.2
- kbprb KB870668