You receive the “Interface not registered” error message when you try to send or to save an e-mail message to the Drafts folder in Outlook 2002
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you use Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor in Microsoft Office Outlook 2002, and you try to send e-mail messages or to save e-mail messages to the Drafts folder, you may receive the following error message:
Interface not registeredOr, you may experience the following symptoms:
- You receive an error message.
- The e-mail message is not sent.
- The e-mail message is not saved to the Drafts folder.
This behavior occurs if the Ole32.dll file that is located in the %Windir%\System32 folder is not registered correctly in the registry.
To resolve this problem, register the Ole32.dll file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type the following command in the Open box, and then click OK:Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
- In the RegSvr32 dialog box, click OK.
Article ID: 870707 - Last Review: 12/08/2015 07:46:32 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbprb KB870707