Article ID: 871403 - View products that this article applies to.
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You may receive the following error message in General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics SL:
System Message 9 - "Item not found, please reenter"
1. Occurs when tabbing off a detail line in Journal Transactions (01.010) if a default INTERCOMPANY record is missing. See Resolution 20777.
2. Occurs in Journal Transactions (01.010) when entering an Account or Subaccount number. The ACCTXREF table or SUBXREF table or both tables are missing the Account or Subaccount. See Resolution 9436.
3. Occurs in Journal Transactions (01.010) on the Sub field when using Excel to copy/paste a Payroll Journal Entry. In Excel, a cell will interpret 000000 as a 0 because it assumes the cell is a Numeric field. See Resolution 5606.
4. Occurs in Allocation Group Maintenance (01.290) on the Company ID field when you try to create Allocation Groups between two different Companies. Inter-Company relationships have not been defined in Multi-Company Inter-Company Account/Subaccount Maintenance (13.260). See Resolution 27142.
5. Occurs in Account/Subaccount Maintenance (01.320) on the Company ID field. A new Company was added to Multi-Company Company Setup (13.250), but the From/To relationship was not created in Inter-Company Acct/Sub Maintenance (13.260). See Resolution 27142.
6. Occurs when entering a Budget Year in Budget Group Access (01.350) if a Budget Version has not been set up in Budget Version Maintenance (01.370). See Resolution 6347.
7. Occurs when only one company resides in the database and multi-company is activated in GLSetup (01.950.00). See Resolution 27158.
8. Occurs when pasting a Template in Detail General Ledger (01.620). The Template must be deleted and recreated. See Resolution 5181.
Resolution 5181Delete and re-create the Template (98.230).
1. Access the appropriate screen or report for which the Template was created.
2. On the Edit menu, click Template.
3. Press F3 in the Template ID field and select the appropriate Template.
4. Click the Delete button. Alternatively, on the Edit menu, click Delete.
5. Re-create the Template.
6. Close and then reopen the report screen.
7. Load the Template.
Resolution 5606Define the Subaccount field as a Text field in Excel.
Note - In the Microsoft Dynamics SL database, the Subaccount field is defined as Alphanumeric. In Excel, a cell will interpret 000000 as a 0 because it assumes the cell is a Numeric field. Therefore, to import a Subaccount field containing 000000, the column holding the Subaccount values must be defined as a Text field.
Resolution 6347Create a Budget Version in General Ledger Budget Version Maintenance (01.370).
1. Access Budget Version Maintenance (01.370).
2. Create a Budget Version for the appropriate year.
Resolution 9436Save changes in General Ledger Chart of Accounts Maintenance (01.260) or Subaccount Maintenance (01.270) to populate the ACCTXREF or SUBXREF table(s) in the System database.
Note - The ACCTXREF table, in the System database, stores the Account numbers for each Company that appears in the Master Account List or Possible Values List in any data entry screens containing an Account field. The SUBXREF table, in the System database, stores the Subaccount numbers for each Company that appears in the Subaccount List or Possible Values List in any data entry screens containing a Subaccount field.
1. Make a backup of the ACCOUNT table or the SUBACCOUNT table through SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
2. Access Chart of Accounts Maintenance (01.260) or Subaccount Maintenance (01.270) and write down the Description that appears for the first Account or Subaccount in the list.
3. Change the Description field and save the changes.
4. Change the Description field back to the original value and save the changes.
5. This process will populate the ACCTXREF or SUBXREF table(s) with all the possible Accounts/Subaccounts for the Company that appears in Chart of Accounts Maintenance or Subaccount Maintenance.
6. If Account Validation is turned on in the database, possible values in the Master Account List that appears in data entry screens may be restricted by Company ID. If Account Validation is not turned on, all the Accounts that appear in Chart of Accounts Maintenance will appear in the Master Account Lists in data entry screens for each Company in the database.
Resolution 20777Insert a record in the INTERCOMPANY table using Query Analyzer.
1. Make a BACKUP of the database that you can restore in case unwanted loss of data occurs.
2. Using Query Analyzer, access the appropriate System database and run the following statement to verify that records do not exist in the INTERCOMPANY table:
SELECT * from INTERCOMPANY
3. Run the following statement to insert a record in the INTERCOMPANY table:
INSERT into INTERCOMPANY (FromAcct,FromCompany,FromSub,Module,Screen,ToAcct,ToCompany,ToSub,User1,User2,User3,User4) Values('','XXXX','','ZZ','','','YYYY','','','','0.0','0.0')
(where XXXX = CpnyID for the FromCompany and YYYY = CpnyID for the ToCompany)
4. Run the following statement to verify that a new record was inserted into the INTERCOMPANY table:
SELECT * from INTERCOMPANY
Resolution 27142Create From/To relationships for all Account/Subaccount combinations that will be used for each Company in Multi-Company Inter-Company Acct/Sub Maintenance (13.260).
1. The following fields are used in Inter-Company Acct/Sub Maintenance (13.260) to designate how different Account/Subaccounts are to be used for Inter-Company transactions.
>>FROM - use to enter Due From Company information. Company ID - Unique key used to identify each Company in the system; used when entering Company information on transactions. Module - Two character code for module. If the same Account and Subaccount is to be used for all modules select ALL. Otherwise, select the specific module from the drop down box. Screen - Seven character code for screen. If the same Account and Subaccount is to be used for all screens in the modules enter ALL. Otherwise, enter the specific screen number. 03010. Account - Account the Inter-Company transaction is Due From. Sub - Subaccount the Inter-Company transaction is Due From.
>>TO - use to enter Due To Company information. Company ID - Unique key used to identify each Company in the system; used when entering Company information on transactions. Account - Account the Inter-Company transaction is Due To. Sub - Subaccount the Inter-Company transaction is Due To.
2. Different Account or Subaccounts may not be used for the same Inter-Company relationship and the same source data screen.
Resolution 27158Clear the multi-company options in GLSetup.
1. Clear Activate Multi-Company with Inter-Company Processing.
2. Clear Allow Multiple Companies in a Single Database.
3. Clear Activate Centralized Cash Processing.
Article ID: 871403 - Last Review: January 10, 2015 - Revision: 4.0