The NUMPAGES field may not print as expected after you install Word 2000 Service Pack 3
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Important This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
If you print a document that contains the NUMPAGES field after you install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3), the NUMPAGES field may not print as expected in Microsoft Word 2000.
For example, the page numbers may appear as follows when you print the document:
Page 1 of 1
Page 2 of 2
Page 3 of 3
Page 2 of 2
Page 3 of 3
How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Word 2000 post-Service Pack 3 Hotfix Package that is dated July 12, 2004. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
871256 Description of the Word 2000 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: July 12, 2004
After you install this hotfix, follow the steps that are listed in the "More Information" section of this article to set the EnableQfe12629Fix registry key and to activate the hotfix.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To activate this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Quit Word 2000.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate, and then click to select the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Word\Options
- After you select the key that is specified in step 4, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type EnableQfe12629Fix, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click EnableQfe12629Fix, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
326585 OFF2000: Overview of Office 2000 Service Pack 3
Article ID: 873321 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 00:44:15 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Word 2000
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbqfe kbHotfixServer kbformat kbnumbering kboffice2000presp4fix kbbug kbfix KB873321