Description of the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: July 16, 2004
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Outlook 2002. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that are fixed by the hotfix package
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that are contained in the hotfix package
This article describes the Microsoft Outlook 2002 issue that is fixed in the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated July 16, 2004.
back to the top
Issues that are fixed by the hotfix packageThe following issue is fixed in this hotfix package, but it was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you try to send a Microsoft Excel 2002 document or a Microsoft Word 2002 document to a routing recipient, Excel 2002 or Word 2002 may stop responding, and an instance of Microsoft Outlook 2002 may appear on the task bar. If you try to maximize Outlook 2002 from the task bar, nothing occurs.
This issue may occur on a multi-monitor computer where Excel 2002 or Word 2002 is running on the secondary monitor.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
back to the top
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For additional information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:832671 Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 or a later version.
For additional information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:330537 OFFXP: Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix with Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, Microsoft has not tested this fix on Office XP SP2 to the same extent as on Office XP Service Pack 3. If you install this hotfix on a computer with Office XP SP2 installed, some file conflicts might occur. Microsoft supports this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
back to the top
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix was replaced by the following hotfix:
892553 Microsoft Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: January 24, 2005back to the top
Registry informationYou do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that are contained in this package.
back to the top
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain of all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 16-Jul-2004 16:02 2,881,024 Olkintlff.msp (full-file/administrative) 16-Jul-2004 15:52 374,784 Olkintlop.msp (optimized)After you install the hotfix, the English version of this fix has the file attributes (or a later version) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name ----------------------------------------------------------- 18-May-2004 18:00 5.5.2658.7 820,688 Cdo.dll 19-Jun-2003 21:58 10.0.5417.0 133,696 Contab32.dll 05-May-2004 01:47 10.0.6713.0 113,352 Emablt32.dll 05-May-2004 01:47 10.0.6713.0 199,368 Emsabp32.dll 02-Jul-2004 21:02 10.0.6721.0 539,336 Emsmdb32.dll 13-Oct-2003 20:03 10.0.6308.0 129,592 Emsui32.dll 14-Jul-2004 20:42 10.0.6723.0 854,728 Msmapi32.dll 17-Dec-2003 19:32 10.0.6515.0 535,240 Mspst32.dll 17-Dec-2003 19:31 10.0.6515.0 56,008 Olkfstub.dll 19-May-2004 23:52 10.0.6716.0 744,128 Outex.dll 08-Apr-2004 00:24 10.0.6711.0 1,977,032 Outllibr.dll 13-Oct-2003 20:04 10.0.6308.0 338,496 Pstprx32.dllNote For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
back to the top
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesback to the top
Article ID: 873338 - Last Review: 10/27/2013 06:01:47 - Revision: 2.2
Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbofficexppostsp3fix kbsendmail kbemail kbbug kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbhotfixserver KB873338