This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Within FRx, this particular error message can occur when generating reports, setting company as default, etc.
This issue is currently written up as a Quality Report ; see Knowledge Base Article This issue has been addressed in service pack 5 for FRx 6.5 (6.5.184), as stated in the Quality Report. However, this message can occur for additional reasons as well so please reference the checklist below.
**Note: If you've applied service pack 5 for FRx 6.5, you still must have at least one open period open in an opened year. Doing a soft close on all periods in your open years will give you an error message.
When you generate a consolidated report or when you try to set your Company as the default in FRx.
1. Verify all periods in any open year are not marked as closed in the Fiscal Period Setup window (Setup | Company | Fiscal Periods). If all periods are marked as closed, clear one period in the Financial Series, and then click OK. If you have two open years, you must have at least one open fiscal period in the Financial Series for both years.
2. If you are on FRx Version 6.0 with Service pack 4 or later installed (Help | About FRx: the version number would be 6.0.84), check the first historical year. Verify the last period has at least one open series.
3. Browse out to the SYSDATA folder and rename all files that have the extension of *.g32.
4. Start FRx and set the Company as default (Company | Information).
Verify there is not a skipped year in the fiscal period setup.
Example: 2001, 2003, 2004. All the fiscal periods must be accounted for, even if they are not used. If one is missing, create the fiscal period (Setup | Company | Fiscal Periods) and reconcile all years. Warning: Before following the instructions, make sure that you are maintaining transaction history.
This error occurs only in one company for a consolidated report. Each company may not have a *.g32 file created for it.
Create a new *.g32 file.
1. Close the report.
2. Click Company | Information.
3. Click on Find and select the company that received the error.
4. Click Set as Default.
5. Rerun the report. Also, make sure you sign into the company with the issue and select Set as Default so the *.g32 file will create.