You may receive an "Error 1920. Service RtcSrv (RtcSrv) failed to start" error message when you try to install Live Communications Server 2003
Note If you canceled the Setup program after you received the error message, you must run Setup again after you follow these steps.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Administrative Tools.
- In the Administrative Tools dialog box, click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the Active Directory Users and Computers dialog box, expand YourDomainName in the left pane under Saved Queries.
- Click Users, right-click RTCHSDomainServices in the right pane, and then click Properties.
- In the RTCHSDomainServices Properties dialog box, click the Member Of tab, and then click Add.
- In the Select Groups dialog box, type Administrators, click Check Names, and then click OK two times.
Note If you remove the RTCHSDomainServices group from the Administrators group, RtcSrv.exe will not start when the computer restarts.
Article ID: 883320 - Last Review: 01/25/2005 19:22:09 - Revision: 1.2
- kbsetup kbtshoot kbprb KB883320