Description of the Outlook 2003 hotfix package: August 2, 2004
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 issues that are fixed in the Outlook 2003 hotfix package that is dated August 2, 2004.
back to the top
Issues that are fixed in the hotfix packageThe following issues are also fixed in this hotfix package, but they were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you forward a meeting request that contains custom properties and form fields in Outlook 2003, the properties are lost, and the custom form fields are blank.
- If you use a Microsoft Exchange Client Extension that adds a temporary attachment to an Outlook 2003 e-mail message, the attachment is saved with the e-mail message when you close the e-mail message instead of being removed if one of the following conditions is true:
- The e-mail message has a read receipt .
- You open a new e-mail message in the Preview pane of Outlook 2003.
This issue occurs, because the OnRead and the OnReadComplete events are raised. When the OnRead and the OnReadComplete events are raised, the e-mail message is marked as read. In this situation, neither the OnWrite nor the OnWriteComplete events are raised because the e-mail message is now marked as read, and the read receipt was sent.
- When you use the Outlook Object Model to create an add-in to remove attachments from an HTML e-mail message, the add-in cannot remove any inline attachments, such as inline graphics, from the e-mail message. Other attachments, such as attached documents, are removed from the HTML e-mail message.
- When you minimize Outlook 2003, the Outlook 2003 windows appear, and the Outlook 2003 Taskbar button flashes after several moments.
This issue occurs when the currently selected Outlook folder has a Web page that is configured as a Home Page for the default view of that folder and the Web page is refreshed.
- If you open an .msg file that contains an HTML or a plain text formatted e-mail message and then try to forward this e-mail message, you may receive the following error message:
A resource is busy or you lack sufficient access rights or permissions.
Service pack informationThis problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
870924 How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
back to the top
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this hotfix.
back to the top
Restart informationYou must restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
back to the top
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
back to the top
Registry informationYou do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to activate any hotfixes that are contained in this package.
back to the top
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain of all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or a later version) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 02-Sep-2004 16:27 5.0.2919.6304 5,245,984 Office2003-kb883917-glb.exe
Microsoft Windows Installer MSP file information:
Date Time Size File name -------------------------------------------- 02-Sep-2004 03:48 8,709,120 Outlookff.msp (full-file/administrative) 01-Sep-2004 09:14 3,420,160 Outlookop.msp (optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this fix has the file attributes (or a later version) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 18-Aug-2004 05:25 11.0.6400.0 76,488 Dlgsetp.dll 18-Aug-2004 05:26 11.0.6400.0 132,296 Envelope.dll 18-Aug-2004 05:18 11.0.6400.0 345,800 Exsec32.dll 18-Aug-2004 05:31 11.0.6400.0 122,056 Impmail.dll 18-Aug-2004 05:55 11.0.6400.0 158,912 Oladd.fae 18-Aug-2004 05:58 11.0.6400.0 152,256 Olappt.fae 18-Aug-2004 05:58 11.0.6400.0 117,952 Oljrnl.fae 18-Aug-2004 05:55 11.0.6400.0 113,344 Olmail.fae 18-Aug-2004 05:58 11.0.6400.0 104,640 Olnote.fae 18-Aug-2004 05:41 11.0.6400.0 146,624 Oltask.fae 23-Aug-2004 20:17 11.0.6401.0 7,573,704 Outllib.dll 28-Apr-2004 04:10 11.0.6353.0 196,296 Outlook.exe 18-Aug-2004 05:18 11.0.6400.0 140,480 Outlph.dll 18-Aug-2004 05:24 11.0.6400.0 44,744 Outlvbs.dll 11-Mar-2004 20:01 11.0.6254.0 74,936 Rm.dll 18-Aug-2004 05:41 11.0.6400.0 100,552 Transmgr.dllback to the top
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that the package contains.
- For more information about the differences between the two MSP files, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesback to the top
OL2003 OL2k3 OL11 patch
Article ID: 883917 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 00:47:55 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbHotfixServer kboffice2003sp2fix kboffice2003presp2fix kbhotfixrollup KB883917