You cannot access OLE DB Provider for DB2 and ODBC Drivers for DB2 from an active server page in Microsoft Host Integration Server 2004
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You may receive error messages when you try to access the following from an active server page (ASP):
- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2, also known as Db2oledb.dll
- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 for AS/400 and for Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM), also known as Snaoledb.dll
- Microsoft ODBC Drivers for DB2
You may receive the following error message for OLE DB Provider for DB2:
ADODB.Connection (0x800A0E7A) Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. /drda/oledbddm.asp, line 25
You may receive the following error message for ODBC Drivers for DB2:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 5 (Microsoft ODBC Drivers for DB2). /drda/oledbddm.asp, line 26
This problem occurs because of a security problem. By default, the ASPNET account does not have the correct permissions to run the Host Integration Server components.
The ASPNET account must be added to the HIS Runtime group, and then Internet Information Services (IIS) must be restarted.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 884377 - Last Review: 01/17/2015 08:53:01 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Host Integration Server 2004 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbprb KB884377