You receive a "Clip organizer cannot complete operation the specified procedure could not be found error code 0x8007007f" error message when you try to insert Clip Art into an Office document or publication
- There was an incorrect installation of an update to one of the Microsoft products that is listed in the Applies To section of this article.
- If there is a problem with one of the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC).
Method 1: Reinstall the Office product
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click your version of the Office Program in the list of programs in the Add or Remove Programs dialog box. For example, click Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003.
- Click Change.
- Click Reinstall or Repair, and then click Next.
- Click Reinstall Publisher or click Reinstall Office, and then click Install.
Method 2: Install MDACTo work around this problem, download and install Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 (Mdac_typ.exe) and the Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 (SP8) (WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe) on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download and save to your hard disk the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 installation file Mdac_typ.exe. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Download and save to your hard disk the Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 installation file WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Restart your computer.
- When the computer finishes the Power On Self-Test (POST), hold down the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
- Open the folder where you saved the Mdac_typ.exe file in step 1.
- Double-click the Mdac_typ.exe file, and then follow the instructions that appear the on screen to install MDAC 2.8.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode by using steps 4 and 5.
- Open the folder where you saved the WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe file in step 2.
- Double-click the WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe file, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen to install Jet 4.0 SP8.
- Restart the computer to exit Safe Mode.
Article ID: 884424 - Last Review: 07/25/2012 09:49:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kberrmsg kbtshoot kbprb KB884424