You receive a "The RPC server is unavailable" error message when you open Disk Management in Windows XP
Event ID: 10009
Description: Dcom was unable to communicate with the computer computer name using any of the configured protocols.
- The Microsoft System Preparation (Sysprep) tool was used to create the Windows XP image that you used to start the computer.
- You change the computer name during the Windows XP Out of Box Experience.
- One or more of the following conditions are true:
- You disconnect the network cable during the Windows XP Out of Box Experience.
- You do not restart the computer after the Windows XP Out of Box Experience has completed.
- You open Disk Management.
Article ID: 884564 - Last Review: 05/22/2013 15:58:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbwinxpsp3fix kbpending kbbug KB884564