Microsoft has released the Microsoft Office Visio 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for Microsoft Office Visio 2003. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Visio 2003 issue that is fixed in the Visio 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated October 21, 2004.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
The following issues are fixed in this hotfix package:
“The page cannot be displayed” error message when you click a hyperlink to open a Visio 2003 file
Decreased performance when you add or move shapes that are contained in a Visio 2003 drawing that is hosted in the Visio 2003 ActiveX Control
Note The Microsoft Knowledge Base article 839079 contains important information that developers must read when they are installing the hotfix that is described in this article.
Drawings print larger or print smaller than expected in Visio 2003
You cannot open or make a change to a Visio 2003 drawing that is located on a Web server that is running third-party portal software
This hotfix package fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you print from Visio 2003 to a PostScript printer, images may not be sized correctly when you use a PostScript custom page size.
- When you try to open a Visio 2003 file that is located on a Hummingbird DM 5.1 portal, the document does not open, and you receive a blank page without an error message.
Note A Hummingbird DM 5.1 portal is a document management server.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
The following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Visio 2003 with Microsoft Office Visio 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed or on a computer that is running Visio 2003 without Visio 2003 SP1 installed.
However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on a computer that is running Visio 2003 with Visio 2003 SP1 installed than we have on a computer that is running Visio 2003 without Visio 2003 SP1 installed. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Visio 2003 without Visio 2003 SP1 installed, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
21-Oct-2004 21:06 6.0.2800.1168 3,584,240 Visio2003-kb884592-fullfile.exe
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
Date Time Size File name
21-Oct-2004 20:56 4,389,888 Visio2003-kb884592-fullfile.msp
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Version Size File name
12-Oct-2004 23:28 11.0.4611.0 8,260,904 Vislib.dll
- For additional information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For additional information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 884592 - Last Review: January 16, 2015 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbHotfixServer kblayout kbprint kbproject2003presp2fix kbfix kbhotfixrollup kboffice2003presp2fix KB884592|