You receive an error message when you try to configure delegate access in Entourage 2004 for Mac
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to configure delegate access to a Microsoft Exchange Server account in Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
There was an error communicating with the directory server.
This issue may occur if the Exchange account is not configured correctly with the name of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server.
To specify the name of your LDAP server in Entourage, follow these steps.Note
Contact your system administrator to obtain the name of your LDAP server.
- On the Tools menu in Entourage, click Accounts.
- On the Exchange tab, click your Exchange account, and then click Edit.
- On the Directory tab, type the name of your LDAP server in the LDAP server box, and then click OK.
The Exchange account principal must grant you delegate access in Microsoft Outlook before you can configure delegate access in Entourage.
Article ID: 884993 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 00:52:34 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac
- kbnosurvey kbarchive dftsdahomeportal kbtshoot kbprb KB884993