Description of the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package: September 9, 2004
- Issues that are fixed in the hotfix package
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that are contained in the hotfix package
back to the top
Issues that are fixed in the hotfix packageThe following issue is also fixed in this hotfix package but was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you try to create a security setting in the Security Settings Exception Group that contains a user or a group that has the same display name as another entry in Active Directory, you may receive the following error message: The access levels on this security setting cannot be saved, probably because of an invalid password. this setting is currently set as a default setting for all users. You should either delete the setting or save it again, and type the correct password.
Service pack informationThis problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
back to the top
PrerequisitesThe following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office 2003 SP1 installed.
For additional information about Office 2003 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:842532 Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with SP1 installed or without SP1 installed. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on Office 2003 with SP1 than we have on Office 2003 without SP1. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 without SP1, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
back to the top
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is replaced by a later hotfix.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
back to the top
Registry informationYou do not have to create or modify any registry keys to activate any hotfixes that are contained in this package.
back to the top
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows Installer MSP file information:
Date Time Size File name -------------------------------------------------------- 09-Sep-2004 04:58 8,689,152 Outlookff.msp (Full-File/Administrative) 09-Sep-2004 00:52 3,446,272 Outlookop.msp (Optimized)
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this fix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.:
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 27-Aug-2004 00:48 11.0.6402.0 76,488 Dlgsetp.dll 27-Aug-2004 00:48 11.0.6402.0 132,296 Envelope.dll 27-Aug-2004 00:48 11.0.6402.0 345,800 Exsec32.dll 27-Aug-2004 00:48 11.0.6402.0 122,056 Impmail.dll 27-Aug-2004 01:00 11.0.6402.0 158,912 Oladd.fae 27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 152,256 Olappt.fae 27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 117,952 Oljrnl.fae 27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 113,344 Olmail.fae 27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 104,640 Olnote.fae 27-Aug-2004 01:01 11.0.6402.0 146,624 Oltask.fae 04-Sep-2004 05:03 11.0.6403.0 7,573,704 Outllib.dll 28-Apr-2004 06:10 11.0.6353.0 196,296 Outlook.exe 27-Aug-2004 00:48 11.0.6402.0 140,480 Outlph.dll 27-Aug-2004 00:47 11.0.6402.0 44,744 Outlvbs.dll 11-Mar-2004 22:01 11.0.6254.0 74,936 Rm.dll 27-Aug-2004 01:01 11.0.6402.0 100,552 Transmgr.dllback to the top
- For additional information about installing this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For additional information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
Article ID: 885227 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 08:59:20 - Revision: 5.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kboffice2003presp2fix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kboffice2003sp2fix kberrmsg kbfix kbhotfixrollup KB885227