How to create a test or historical company in Payroll or in Canadian Payroll in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Create a new test company or a new historical company
- To open GP Utilities, click Start, point to All Programs, click on Microsoft Dynamics, click the 'GP' version folder, and then click Utilities.
- On the Additional Tasks page, click Create a Company in the list, and then click Process.
- Type a new company identifier in the DB/Company ID box, type a company name in the Company Name box, and then click Next.
- Complete the steps in the wizard to create the new company.
- Click Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Log on to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Select the company that you want to label as a test company or as a historical company, and then sign in to that company.
- Open the Company Setup Window. To do this, click Microsoft Dynamics GP, point to Tools, point to Setup, point to Company and click Company.
- In the Company Name field, type the following after the company name:
- Contoso, Ltd<TEST>
- Contoso, Ltd<HISTORICAL>
- Click OK to save your changes. You can now use the company for testing or historical data purposes.
Label an existing company as a test company or a historical companyComplete step 5 through step 9 in the previous section if you have an existing company that you want to change to a test company or a historical company. Complete step 5 through step 9 in the previous section if you have upgraded from an earlier version of Microsoft Dynamics GP, and you have existing test or historical companies.
TroubleshootingIf you receive a warning message that states that you are over your registered employee count in the U.S. Payroll module, follow these steps:
- Have all users log off from Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- If you use Microsoft SQL Server, start SQL Query Analyzer. If you use Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE), start the Support Administrator Console.
- Run the following statement against the DYNAMICS database:
- Log back on to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Verify the employee count is now correct as follows:
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and higher versions, click Help (blue icon with question mark on it) in the upper-right corner of the window, and then click About Microsoft Dynamics GP... In the Session Information section, verify the Current and Total Registered employee count numbers.
Article ID: 885542 - Last Review: 12/14/2015 18:41:00 - Revision: 9.0
- kbnosurvey kbmbsmigrate kbhowto KB885542