Duplicate e-mail messages are downloaded from a POP3 e-mail server account in Outlook 2003
To set the Leave a copy of messages on the server option, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- Click your POP3 e-mail account, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click to select the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box, and then click OK.
Service pack informationThis problem is corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 1 Hotfix Package that is dated September 13, 2004. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
Article ID: 885870 - Last Review: 06/20/2014 09:51:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbqfe kboffice2003sp2fix kbreceivemail kbemail kboffice2003presp2fix kbbug kbfix KB885870