You receive an error message when you try to import a Windows 98 disk image into Virtual PC for Mac Version 7
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to import a Microsoft Windows 98 disk image into Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac Version 7, you may experience one or more of the following problems:
- You are prompted to insert the Windows 98 CD-ROM.
- You receive an error message on a blue screen that references FSHARE.
These problems may occur if you created the disk image in an earlier version of Connectix Virtual PC for Mac or Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac.
If you are prompted to insert the Windows 98 CD-ROM, follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Click Cancel in each message box.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, and then restart Windows 98.
If your mouse or your keyboard does not work as expected when you start the disk image, click Reset
on the PC
If you receive an error message on a blue screen that references FSHARE, press any key on your keyboard.
Article ID: 886369 - Last Review: 11/02/2013 10:10:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac Version 7
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb kbtshoot KB886369