Event ID 5, event ID 14079, and event ID 14176 are logged in the Application log on your Internet Security and Acceleration Server computer
Additionally, events that resemble the following events are logged in the Application log:
Event ID: 14079
Source: Microsoft ISA Server Control
Due to an unexpected error, the service w3proxy stopped responding to all requests. This occurred 1 time(s) in the past 2:59 hours. Try to stop the service or kill the corresponding process if it does not respond, and start it again. Check the Event Viewer for related error messages.
Event ID: 14176
Source: Microsoft Web Proxy
Disk cache Drive:\urlcache\Dir1.cdat failed to initialize. Some errors were encountered when ISA Server restored specific data cache files. ISA Server will now attempt to recover these files. These errors may have occurred because there was not enough time to complete all necessary shutdown operations, when ISA Server was previously shut down. To avoid this in the future, you can increase the value of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceTimeout registry key. Identify the reason for cache failure by examining previous recorded events, or the error code. The error code in the Data area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure (internal code: 503.6318.104.22.1680.166).
Event ID: 5
Source: Microsoft Web Proxy
The Microsoft Web Proxy failed to log information to file FileName.log in path Drive:\ISALOGS. The data is the error code. For more information about this event, see ISA Server Help.
- Virus scanning software
Note Antivirus software can corrupt the log files or the cache files if it locks the file for scanning while ISA Server tries to access the file.
- Backup software
- Third-party ISA Web filtering software
- Server monitoring software
- Hard disk or disk controller hardware errors
Note An antivirus program is designed to help protect your computer from viruses. You must not download or open files from sources that you do not trust, visit Web sites that you do not trust, or open e-mail attachments when your antivirus program is disabled.
For more information about computer viruses, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Remove or disable any third-party ISA Server Web filtering software. Contact the third-party vendor for help and to determine whether an upgrade is available.
- If you are running antivirus or backup software, make sure that you exclude the ISALogs folder. By default, the ISALogs folder is located in the folder where you installed ISA Server. Typically, this location is Drive:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server.
- Try to move the log folder to a different physical hard disk or to a different logical hard disk drive.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Locate the Microsoft Web Proxy service.
- Make sure that the service indicates a status of Started.
- If the service is not running, right-click Microsoft Web Proxy, and then click Start.
Article ID: 887311 - Last Review: 05/05/2008 20:55:48 - Revision: 3.2
- kbfirewall kbtshoot kbprb KB887311