You cannot play audio files that are stored in the Shared Music folder by using the My Music feature in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you store audio files in the Shared Music folder on your computer, you cannot play the files from the My Music feature that is on the main menu in Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
This issue occurs because the My Music feature uses the list of files in the Microsoft Windows Media Player Media Library.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Windows Media Player.
- On the File menu, point to Add to Media Library, and then click Add File.
- Locate and then click the file in the Shared Music folder that you want to add, and then click Open.
When you store video files in your Shared Videos folder, these files are available from the My Videos feature that is on the main menu in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
Article ID: 887315 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 16:32:49 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbtshoot kbprb kbbug KB887315