You receive an “Error: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'SEMICOLON'. Line 1 position 1780” message when you click the Sales Process tab in Microsoft CRM 1.2
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You create a sales process for the Opportunity
object in Microsoft CRM 1.2. When you click the Sales Process
tab of the Opportunity
object, you receive the following error message:
“Error: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'SEMICOLON'. Line 1 position 1780”
This problem occurs if the subject title of an activity contains any one of the following special characters:
- Ampersand (&)
- Angle bracket (< or >)
- Quotation mark (")
- Apostrophe (')
Microsoft CRM has a fix for this problem that is part of a cumulative update. The cumulative update information is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Update Rollup 2 is available for Microsoft CRM 1.2
Steps to reproduce the problem
- On the Microsoft CRM server, click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft CRM, and then click Workflow Manager.
- In the Workflow Manager Logon dialog box, enter the name of the Microsoft CRM server in the Target Microsoft CRM server box, and then click OK.
- In the Object list, click Opportunity, click Sales Process in the View list, click File, and then click New.
- Type OppRule1 as the rule name in the Select the Event list, click Manual, and then click OK.
- In Common Tasks, click Insert Stage, type Stage 1 in Stage Name box, and then click OK.
- In the Create a Sales Process dialog box, click to select add actions here, click Insert Action, and then click Create Activity.
- In the Subject box, type Workflow & Activity as the subject title for the activity. In the Type list, click Task, click OK, and then click Save.
- Right-click the OppRule1 rule, and then click Activate.
- Open Microsoft CRM, click Sales, click Opportunity, click New Opportunity, enter all the required fields, and then click Save.
- Click Actions, click Apply Rule, click Sales Process, and then click OppRule1.
- Click Activities, and then click the Sales Process tab. You receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
Article ID: 887842 - Last Review: 06/02/2006 09:04:32 - Revision: 2.1
Microsoft CRM 1.2
- kbmbsworkflow kbdocerr kbprb kbmbsmigrate kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB887842