Windows Err Msg: A Permanent Swap File Has...
This article was previously published under Q88785
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When attempting to create a permanent swap file using Control Panel inMicrosoft Windows, you may get the following error message:
A permanent swap file has been found on a drive where one cannot be created. Select a different drive, or change Type to None.
Do you want to set the swap-file type to None?
This problem occurs when using the keyboard to select the new drive bytyping the letter of the new drive before accessing the Drive list box.
This error message can be avoided by using the mouse or by using thekeyboard in the following way:
- Run Control Panel and choose the 386 Enhanced icon.
- Choose the Virtual Memory button, then choose Change.
- Use the TAB key to select the Drive list box.
- Press the DOWN ARROW key to drop down the drive listings, rather than typing the letter of the new drive.
- Select the appropriate drive from the Drive list box by either typing the drive letter or by using the DOWN ARROW key to select the drive. Press ENTER.
3.10 3.11 swapfile perm temp
Article ID: 88785 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 00:24:23 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Windows 3.1 Standard Edition, Microsoft Windows 3.11 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive KB88785