You receive a "The product does not have a prerequisite update installed" error message when you try to install a SQL Server 2000 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix
- Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, and Microsoft Windows NT have separate hotfix packages for SQL Server 2000 which do not have baseline requirements.
- SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4) based hotfixes will use SP4 itself as their baseline. However, this may change in the future as updates require.
If the hotfix that you are trying to install is in the range from 2000.80.0978 to 2000.80.1006, then you must first install SQL Server 2000 post-SP3a hotfix build 2000.80.977. After you install SQL Server 2000 post-SP3a hotfix build 2000.80.977, you may install a higher-versioned hotfix.
If the hotfix that you are trying to install is greater than 2000.80.1007, then you must first install SQL Server 2000 post-SP3a hotfix build 2000.80.1007. After you install SQL Server 2000 post-SP3a hotfix build 2000.80.1007, you may install a higher-versioned hotfix.
Hotfix installation for SQL Server hotfixes involves running scripts. Therefore, hotfix uninstallation must involve running appropriate "anti-scripts" that undo the script changes that are made by the installer. To have a starting position for script uninstallation, a baseline must be created from which the installer works. Therefore, any hotfix that represents a baseline cannot itself be uninstalled. However, any hotfix that applies to any existing baseline can be uninstalled. Multiple hotfixes that are applied in addition to each other can be uninstalled in the same order that they were installed until you have returned to the baseline build.
Because the hotfix installer for Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, and Windows NT does not support uninstallation, these operating systems have no baseline requirement. For example, on Windows 98, you do not have to first install hotfix build 2000.80.977 to install a higher-versioned hotfix. For more information about the hotfix installer for Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, and Windows NT, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about the hotfix installers, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
If you are installing SQL Server 2000 on a new computer that is running Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003, install the products in the following order:
- SQL Server 2000a (build 8.00.0194.12)
- SQL Server 2000 SP3a (build 8.00.0760)
- SQL Server 2000 hotfix build 8.00.0977 or SQL Server 2000 hotfix build 8.00.1007, as appropriate
- SQL Server 2000 hotfix that is greater than 977 (build 8.00.0xxx) or greater than 1007, as appropriate
Id. de artículo: 888007 - Última revisión: 08/31/2005 15:33:28 - Revisión: 5.3
- kbprb kbtshoot KB888007