You receive an "Address already in use" error message, and Event ID 115 is logged when you start the default Web site in Small Business Server 2000
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to start the default Web site on a computer that is running Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS) 2000, you receive the following error message:
Address already in use.Note
This error message also occurs when you try to start the World Wide Web Publishing Service.
Additionally, the following event appears in the Application log:
Event ID: 115
Description: The service could not bind instance 1.
This problem may occur if the following conditions are true:
- Another process is listening on the port to which the default Web site is assigned.
- Automatic discovery is enabled in Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000.
To resolve this problem, disable automatic discovery in ISA Server 2000. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Small Business Server Administrator Console.
- Expand Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000, expand Servers and Arrays, right-click ServerName, and then click Properties.
- Click the Auto Discovery tab, click to clear the Publish automatic discovery information check box, and then click OK.
- Click Save the changes and restart the services, and then click OK.
Article ID: 888826 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 08:08:40 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbprb KB888826