Description of the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: November 10, 2004
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Outlook 2002. This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- The files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Outlook 2002 issue that is fixed in the Outlook 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated November 10, 2004.
back to the top
Issues that the hotfix package fixesThis hotfix package also fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you start Outlook 2002 for the first time, you may receive the following message two times:
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
This issue occurs when the NoViewOnDrive Group Policy setting is enabled for your computer. When you run Outlook 2002 for the first time, Outlook 2002 tries to create two shortcuts on the toolbar. If the NoViewOnDrive Group Policy is enabled, the shortcuts cannot be created and you receive the message for each one.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.back to the top
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed. For additional information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:832671 Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or a later version. For additional information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:330537 Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, we have tested this hotfix on Office XP SP3 more extensively than we have on Office XP SP2. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP SP2, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
back to the top
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
back to the top
Registry informationYou do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
back to the top
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain of all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
After you install the hotfix, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table:
Date Time Size File name--------------------------------------------------------10-Nov-2004 04:19 7,854,080 Outlookff.msp (Full-File/Administrative)10-Nov-2004 00:54 3,627,008 Outlookop.msp (Optimized)
Note For additional information about installing this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.back to the top
Date Time Version Size File name--------------------------------------------------------------08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 80,584 Dlgsetp.dll 08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 39,624 Dumpster.dll 26-Apr-2004 19:27 10.0.6712.0 109,256 Envelope.dll 30-May-2003 18:08 10.0.5328.0 253,952 Exchcsp.dll27-Aug-2004 04:52 10.0.6729.0 346,824 Exsec32.dll09-Aug-2002 03:22 10.0.4406.0 137,800 Impmail.dll 17-Sep-2004 22:27 10.0.6732.0 207,552 Msoutl.olb05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 187,072 Oladd.fae05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 170,688 Olappt.fae05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 137,920 Oljrnl.fae08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 133,824 Olmail.fae05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 166,592 Oltask.fae08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 543,424 Outlcm.dll 04-Dec-2003 00:54 10.0.6501.0 92,688 Outlctl.dll 09-Nov-2004 06:52 10.0.6739.0 6,335,176 Outllib.dll 08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 92,872 Outlmime.dll 09-Nov-2004 06:52 10.0.6739.0 47,816 Outlook.exe 22-Oct-2004 22:52 10.0.6737.0 125,632 Outlph.dll 08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 47,816 Outlvbs.dll25-Nov-2002 18:50 10.0.4721.0 47,688 Recall.dll
For additional information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when correcting software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesback to the top
ol2002 ol10 ol2k2
Article ID: 889311 - Last Review: 10/25/2013 22:28:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbofficexppostsp3fix KB889311